Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Its been a while between posts, as Daniel keeps reminding me, but we've been having such good times over the Christmas/New Year period I haven't had time to blog!!!

So Christmas was lovely, this is a photo of Daniel on Christmas morning in his Slanket (its like a big blanket with arms), you can see from the mess we had fun opening our presents from each other :) Daniel worked night shift Christmas Eve and Christmas Night so this was the only time that we got to spend with each other until Boxing Day afternoon. I spent Christmas Day down at Mum and Dad's along with Nicole and Jonathan and the Aunt, it was a lovely day.


Boxing Day we headed off to Ballina where our Christmas together really kicked off, we had a great time seeing everyone, just wish we could have stayed longer!!! We left Monday afternoon to drive back up the Brisbane to fly home, our flight home was some what ordinary, one of the worse flights I think I've ever been on.

Turns out our flight was one of the last flights out of Brisbane before the airport was shut down due to severe storms in the area. We got to fly through the storms which lasted down past Ballina, it was a very bumpy flight!! I took this screen shot from the BoM site to show what we flew through.


The flight was made some what easier by Daniel, he kept quoting me lines from Magadascar 2 which had me laughing :) :) He was highly amused by me trying to eat my Chicken Stir Fry dinner with a tiny little tea spoon after I dropped my fork on the floor, I was starving!!!

So anyway, we're back in Queanbeyan now, Daniel went back to work at 7am on Tuesday morning. Poor guy is sooooo tired, he actually fell asleep at work on Tuesday, he got away with it until he started snoring and his work mates started throwing nurf darts at him until he work up :) :) :)

I've just been bumming around home and doing some shopping, having a nice relaxing time really. Today I really need to do some food shopping and put the Christmas decorations away, tonight I'm off to Mum and Dad's for dinner.

We had a quiet New Years Eve, just the two of us, we had a few drinks to see in the New Year and celebrate the 3rd Anniversary of our engagement, aaawww :) :)

So on that note, I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and I hope that the new year brings everyone much peace and happiness.

Till next time, take care xxx

1 Comments:

At December 31, 2008 at 9:04 PM , Blogger foxylady said...

We miss you so much. I feel like we hardly saw you.. Thanks for coming all that way!!!
That storm was pretty scary..yuko I would not have coped.. See you so soon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home