Friday, August 14, 2009

5 Faves

So my faves for the week are:

1. The War Memorial



Daniel gave the details of our trip on his blog. It was great so much stuff to see, there were heaps of things that stuck out to me but one of my favourite were all the knitted jumpers that soliders has knitted for themselves or other soldiers out of the fibers of old socks etc.

This photo taken from the steps of the War Memorial is one of my favourite views of Canberra.

2. Is the Cosby Show - I got seasons 4 and 5 last weekend so I've been watching them this week and loving them, so funny!!


3. The fact that this week we moved a step closer to getting our bathroom upstairs fixed, we got a quote to have the work done, now we just have to save up the money!! It took ages to get someone to come and give us a quote so I'm excited, still waiting for the formal written quote to come threw though.........

4. This Carmel Icing recipie:

60g butter, softend
1/2 cup of brown sugar, firmly packed
2 tbs sour cream
1 1/2 cups icing sugar

Heat butter and sugar in a pan, stir constantly over heat, without boiling, for 2 mintues. Stir in sour cream, bring to the boil, then remove from heat and stir in sifted icing sugar.

I've no source for this so sorry to person that I can not credit, but it is YUMMY!! I made it to go on a banana cake that I made for Daniel this week, it looks like it will run off the cake but it doesn't cause is starts to set really quickly.

5. Friday night, I love Friday nights, a night to sit at home and relax and enjoy the thought of having 2 days off.

Not much other news to report, has been a quite week, gotta go and see my hubby off to work hope everyone is well xx

1 Comments:

At August 16, 2009 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Kirsty said...

OMG! The Cosby show was AWESOME!!!! that caramel icing recipe sounds delish!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home