So tired, so sore!!
Well Daniel and I are both going back to work for a rest tomorrow, its been an absolutely exhausting weekend!!!
It started at 5am on Saturday morning when we dragged ourselves out of bed and got ready to meet Mum and Dad at Aunty Elaine's house at 6am for the garage sale. No sooner then we got there and started to set up then people started to arrive!!! It was flat out until about 7.30 and then it went quiet for awhile before we had a few more busy spells. About 6.30Yvonne, Aunty Elaine's neighbour came in with a tray carrying a fresh pot of plunger coffee and a pot of tea and she followed this up a little while later with toast as well, sooo good!!
While Mum, Nicole, Jonathan and I were busy selling stuff, Dad and Daniel were pulling down the little shed on the side of the garage, a big job but they did it. I'll leave Daniel to fill you in on the details.
All in all it was a good day, we sold heaps of stuff, including the old fibre glass that Dad and Daniel pulled off shed!! We also managed to sell most of her furniture as well, what we didn't sell we pulled out on to the front lawn this morning and put a 'free - please take' sign on, by lunch time it was all gone except for a couple of chairs and small coffee table.
Have a I mentioned yet that it was actually raining yesterday, yep all of the above happened in the rain!!! Thankfully it was mainly drizzle but it was enough to be annoying! It was also freezing cold!!
Today we went back to clean up , we had to pack up what didn't sell, although I managed to sell some more stuff to the people who came and took the cupboard away!! We also had to clean walls etc but we all pitched in and it got done. So tired and sore now though!!
Nicole took some photos over the course of the weekend, will post them when I get copies of them, there are some good progress shots!!
So anyway, the house is now empty and clean, quite sad really as it is the end of an era for my family, lots of memories in that house, but luckily we can take the memories with us :) One of my favourite memories is the time that Nicole and I spent the weekend there and Aunty Elaine played 'tips' with us and chased Nicole and I around and around the perimeter of the house. I think it was the same weekend we played numerous practical jokes on Uncle Cec, but he got us back as we were going to bed, he hid under one of the beds and blew one of those party blower things at us as we were getting into bed and frightened the day lights our of us, good times :)
That was our weekend we really didn't do anything else just collapsed into our arm chairs and later bed when we got home!
Hope you all had a good weekend, till next time take care xx

1 Comments:
yes good times...such good times...
Pleased it all went well for you!!!
My log in to eave a comment on your blo today was blest!!! Now thats saying something
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home