Its been awhile!
Its been a busy week and as Daniel mentioned on his blog yesterday our Internet has been throttled so its been really slow. I'm having blog withdrawals though so I have decided to try and blog anyway :)
So the week was busy, worked late on most days and didn't get home until about 6.30, just before Daniel. Work is going well, we are now re-cataloguing our software media into the new system, we have close to 4000 pieces of media so it will take awhile.
It was a short working week for both of us as we took Friday off to register both cars in NSW. I found the whole process quite stressful, started on Thursday when I found out that I couldn't apply for the greenslips electronically as they were new registrations. AAMI promised to express post the papers to me so we received them by Friday but of course we didn't receive them! Luckily there is a customer service centre in Fyshwick (which I hadn't previously known) so I was able to go in there and have them printed out. Then there was the rego check fiasco, I had us booked in to get Pink Slips, but then late Thursday night realised that we needed Blue Slips not pink. We rang the mechanic on Friday morning to see if he could do the Blue Slips and he said no, so we rang around to about 6 different places before we finally found someone who could do it and could fit us in that day!! The next drama was that the Commodore failed but luckily we just needed to replace a few light globes and it was passed second time round. So after much running around and stress (on my part!!) it was all done.
I also had to get a NSW Drivers License, so after living in the ACT my entire life it feels quite strange to now be a fully fledged New South Welshwoman!! Daniel is trying to convince me that this means that I HAVE to support the NSW State of Origin team now... I don't think so :)
Thursday night I went to a Kaszazz demontration party and was all inspired to get back into my scrapbooking and card making. I have booked my own party for September and plan on booking a scrapbooking workshop for later, the workshop is to make a double page spread using the Enchanted papers which are just georgeous!! I have ordered the Enchanted card making supplies to make some cards, I will take photos and post when it arrives and I've made the cards.
The drive home from the party was a bit stessfull, the party was out in Charnwood and I decided to drive home via the 'back roads' and was driving past the War Memorial when 6 Kangaroos just jumped out in front of me to cross the road. I was far enough away that I was able to just slow down until they passed but I was a little worried about the other 10 that hadn't yet crossed but they didn't move so it was all good. I then drove down Anzac Parade, its quite eerie driving down there late a night!!
Our weekend has been good, we've been dog-sitting a cute little dog names Priny, I have some photos but just realised that I should have uploaded them before I started my blog so will add them to the next blog. Mum and Dad look after her for about 3 months every year while their friend Louise and Gordon go on a caravaning holiday around Australia. Mum and Dad went to Sydney for the weekend so we had Priny. We've having her again next month for a week while Mum and Dad are over on North Folk Island.
We also had Jason and Katherine for dinner last night, it was lovely to catch up with them. When ever we get together with them the holiday where all the kids ended up sick with the stomach flu comes up (the one where Daniel and Jason were in the tent!)!!
Last but not least I thought I would plug my friends beading web site, Clever Cats Jewellery. Deb and Sam are friends of mine and are both excellent beaders, I blame them for getting me interested as they are my teachers :) They have more beaded jewellery then they can wear but love beading so they've decided to start selling what they make, hence the web site and the little business that they've started.
That's it for now I am going to go and make some cards this afternoon, haven't made cards in ages and I'm looking forward to it :)
Hope everyone is well, take care!

1 Comments:
Oooooh do you have a catalogue you can share for the party??? If there is one thing I love more than scrapping its SHOPPING for scrapping supplies!
I sooooooo remember the stomach flu incident...bodies EVERYWHERE!!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home