Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Bobby


This is my Bobby, my Grandfather, he was a great man, so many wonderful memories. One of my favourites is how he used to give me a hand massage before I played a game of soccer and how that session time always started at 5pm and no matter what I was doing I had to open his first beer at 5pm, it was my job :) Oh and the 'Cream Lillies' that he used to buy me, so good!!

I am really sorry that Daniel never got to meet Bobby, I think they would have got on really well. In Bobby's house you always got a full cooked breakfast every morning which included sausages, there was always beer ready for session time and you could smoke at the kitchen table (not that Daniel smokes any more!!).

My Bobby passed away 16 years ago today.

I truly believe that he had a hand in me meeting Daniel, I was away at his funeral when the Peer Support Training was on, so I had to do make up sessions after school, so did Daniel and that is how we officially met!!

Anyway I just wanted to reflect on my Bobby, I could spend hours telling you about all my memories, so many good stories to tell :)

My week so far has been relatively quiet, work has been busy but not insanely so. I called into the Nursing Home to see Aunty Elaine today and I also popped in to see Mrs Thompson, she is my really good friend Gemma's Nan, she moved into the home yesterday. It was really lovely to be able to see her and see how she is going.

So anyway must go, time for bed, still recovering from the weekend!!!

Till next time take care xxx

2 Comments:

At November 13, 2008 at 7:10 PM , Blogger foxylady said...

OH Adele your Bobby sounds wonderful. Dan would have loved him..me too. I reckon anyon that you love I would too. Thanks for sharing about your Grand dad...they are special aren't they...My kids were not able to know my Dad..so its special you have that memory. Maybe I will introduce all to my Dad too. Great idea

 
At November 14, 2008 at 2:21 AM , Blogger Kirsty said...

Oh he sounds so lovely! I reckon he was looking out for you from heaven;-)
I don't think I knew how you and danny met! Thats a sweet story!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home