My First Week Back
It has now been a weeks since we arrived home from our holiday and like everyone else I'm starting to wonder if we ever went away :)
Its been a good week, I've already blogged out my two days at with Daniel last Wednesday and Thursday. Friday seemed to be all about Dr's appointments, I had 1 and Daniel had 2 for his back, thank goodness for Medicare is all I can say. My Dr now charges $70 for a standard consultation, a rip off if you ask me but I've always gone to the same practice since I was born so why change now :)
I also spent Friday, when not at a Dr's surgery, cleaning our house, particularly the dinning room and then moving our furniture back in now that the painting is finished!!! I even got new gold fish, 3 of them that I named Larry, Curley and Moe, but they're now all dead. I may have to go back to the aquarium and complain, cause my one little long lasting flash fish (other wise known as 'the food' cause he will be feed to the yabby one day) is fine so its not the tank. It is a wonder that he is ok actually cause after I finished cleaning the tank I left him in a bowl of water for a bit while we went out and when I came home he wasn't in the bowl he'd jumped out!! We found him on the floor behind the book case, Daniel rescued him for me and he now seems fine!
Saturday and Sunday were pretty uneventful, we watched movies and lazed around. I did go and catch up briefly with my family but we mostly lazed around. Daniel didn't have a choice he is suppose to be lying flat on his back, he has done pretty well but the call of his computer is just too strong sometimes!! Good news is that he says he's feeling a lot better!!
Then it was back to work on Monday, I walked in the door and had a few peaceful mintues before my staff arrived and I was greated with an tirade of moans and groans! I was slightly amused though when I found out one of staff members came to work the previous week with her arm wrapped in cabbage leaves to try and stop it from swelling!! It wasn't too bad though got to ease back in with a 3 hour course first up, it was on Intelllectual Propert Righs and Advanced Contracting, was actually quite interesting.
Today was spent trawling through my Inbox, so many emails, so much stuff to do. Also had to meet with my boss so have even more to do but now that I've had a holiday I am feeling refreshed and feel strong enough to get through it all.
Oh and some good news, while we were away I asked some of you for prayers from my friend Gemma and her daughter Natalie. Good news is that Natalie is recovering from her surgery very well and were able to go home yesterday. Dr's were a little concerned that she still needed platelette infusions every 2nd day after the surgery but she hasn't needed any for the last 3 days so they're hoping that she is now turning a corner. Her liver biopsy also came back clear which was also good news!! So thank you all for the prayers, she's not out of the woods yet but is doing very well!
So that is my ramble for today, hope everyone is well, till next time take care xx

2 Comments:
YAY for Natalie!!!!
Sounds like a BUSY first week back at work!
Go the fish I say!!!! Thats one heck of a fish..one horrible week and great about Nat...bring on the next holiday
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home