Sunday, May 25, 2008

Phantom of the Opera...


...was great!! I knew the basic story when we went and knew the music (have always loved the music!) but it went a little differently to how I imagined but it was great all the same. The costumes and stagging were excellent and the lady who played Christine was brilliant. The only negative is that it wasn't Antony Warlow playing the Phantom it was his understudy Simon Pryce, but he was still very good.


Our weekend was great, we arrived about 9pm on Friday night and immediately opened a bottle of champaigne and admired Nicole's beautiful ring. Saturday morning we checked out the shops in Randwick and I brought a pair of shoes (see photo) before we went into Star City for the show. We had another class of Champaign while waiting for the show to start :o)


Saturday night we went to Isabellas an Italian/sea food restaurant on Alison Rd, across the road from Nicole's. It was yum I had penne pasta with chicken, pine nuts and garlic in a creamy basil pesto sauce. We also checked out the great candle shop two doors up from the restaurant and I got a great wild berry candle for the bathroom.


Today we went into the Rocks for a wander around at the markets I brought another candle this one is triple scented, as it burns through each layer you get a different scent it starts with Vanilla, then Butterscotch and finally Granny Smith Apple. I also got Daniel a photo taken of Wingham in 1908, there is a great stall that sells photos of Australian towns from years and years ago. It had photos of Taree, Alstonville, Ballina, Lismore, Byron Bay and heaps and heaps more I just ran out time to look I could have spent hours and hours there.


We arrived home about 5.30ish it was a great weekend.


Daniel has had a lovely weekend relaxing I think. He was suppose to go to see Indiana Jones on Friday night but that fell through. We're going to see it at the Dendy Premiere Cinema on Tuesday night instead.


Dinner is call me so I'd better go, I hope that you are well we love you lots!

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2008 at 4:17 AM , Blogger foxylady said...

O Adele it sounds so wonderful. Love the shoes..sounds like you had a blast..so jealous. Hope your Mum loved it too.!!!
Al wants to know how many casses (glasses) of Champagn you had..I think he was being rude

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home