Sunday, May 18, 2008

Today didn't go according to plan either...

...I ended up spending the entire day at the hospital. Aunty Elaine broke her ankle really badly and needs more surgery to close the wound where the bone broke through. I have to say that last night and today she had a really bad day with pain but she showed incredible courage and battled through.

Poor Mum is on her way back from Sydney and is heading straight to the hospital I think its going to be a long week, I don't particularly want to think about how tough the next few months are going to be while Aunty Elaine recovers.

I'd also like to say once again that my husband ROCKS!!! He has been by my side all weekend, he has dealt with lots of gross stuff and yucky hospitals and hasn't complained once. I did send him home for a rest for awhile this afternoon I felt he had well a truly earned it. Daniel is the best and I love him lots!!

A positive from today is that we had a coffee in the hospital cafe and Daniel found a sweet thing that was like a dognut but it was long and cyclindrical and was full of cream, I think he enjoyed every mouthful!!

Sorry about the negativty in this blog, it has been a really long weekend, I promise to be more upbeat next blog.

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2008 at 4:02 AM , Blogger foxylady said...

that is awful...we will pray for her and you..and I hope Dan keeps away from the doughnut thingy..not good surely

 
At May 19, 2008 at 5:38 PM , Blogger Kirsty said...

Oh Del:-(
What a tough weekend for you and your family.
You are right though, your husband rules!!!!
I hope your aunty recovers really quickly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home