Sunday, June 1, 2008

Beyond The Bridge


There is a bridge on Cooma St just past where we turn off to go to our place, I have always wondered what is up there so today we went for a drive. There is a huge quarry which I knew because we get huge trucks going past every morning. There is also a farm which grows old cars and trucks and has a few sheep too.


A bit further along the road is Googong Damn its about 8km from Queanbeyan so we drove up to check it out. Evidently there are lots of bush walks that you can do from there and a couple of bike rides, we decided that we should give some of these a go. Please note I said SHOULD!! We did walk up the hill to the look out today and it was lovely but it was a bit chilly.


I've included a photo of the damn as you can see the water levels are a bit low.

Last night was lovely we had a small family dinner with Nicole and Jonathan to celebrate their engagement. We shared it with Louise and Gordon very good family friends, Louise went to nursing school with Mum. The stories that Louise tells about what she and Mum used to get up to always provide for hours of entertainment :-)

Today has been very relaxing, apart from our trip beyond the bridge, we have just sorted of potted around the house. I made a yummy apple pie tonight it was very easy and quick, the receipe is in this months Better Homes n Gardens magazine.
Hope those of you who spent the weekend in Melbourne had a great time, we were thinking of you all and hope that Aunty Barb had a great birthday!!
Lots of love to you all xxx


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home